Quick and Easy Homemade Hair Conditioner Recipes for all Hair Types
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates
Homemade hair conditioner can be tailor made to suit your own hair type.
No one knows your hair better than you do. Therefore by making your own
hair products you can treat any problems you may have directly with
simple ingredients from your kitchens and pantries.
When using any of these recipes it is advisable to first of all rub the conditioner well into the scalp and hair with your fingertips. Don’t be shy when massaging the scalp, particularly around the temples. Then once you have used up all mixture comb it through your hair as evenly as possible. Then either wrap your hair in a very hot towel, or cling wrap for about half an hour before shampooing and rinsing off.
- Olive Oil can be used for brittle or dry hair. Warm 2 tablespoons of
olive oil and gently massage into the scalp. Comb through and then wrap
the head in a steaming hot towel. Leave on your head for 20 – 30
minutes. Reheat the towel if necessary. Shampoo and rinse.
- Castor Oil is good for fragile hair with split ends. Warm 2 tablespoons of castor oil and again gently massage into every part of the scalp. Comb through and then wrap your head in a steaming hot towel. Leave for 30 minutes before shampooing.
- Avocado. This is such a useful fruit, and can be used for a number of things but here it is used as a natural hair conditioner. Mash a whole avocado pear up and massage the hair and scalp with the pulp. Cover with some glad wrap and leave for 30 minutes before washing and rinsing.
- Mayonnaise is another quick and easy homemade hair conditioner. Just apply a couple of tablespoons to the hair and scalp. Wrap the head up in cling wrap for 30 minutes before washing in the usual way.
- Adding 2 tablespoons plain yogurt to the final rinsing water will help condition dry hair.
Homemade Hair Conditioner Recipes
Egg and Honey Conditioner
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 egg
Combine the egg and the hone together and place in a double boiler. When blended beat in the egg and slowly stir until you get an even consistency.
Olive Oil and Honey Conditioner for Dark Hair
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
Stir together and place in a jar and shake well. You can leave it to steep for a day or two, shaking ever so often. It is now ready to use.
Egg Conditioner for All Hair Types
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon glycerine
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Beat the eggs, slowly adding the olive oil, then the glycerine, and finally the cider vinegar. They should be used after shampooing your hair first. After using the conditioner rinse again.
Coconut Oil Hair Conditioner for Dry Hair
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Melt the coconut oil. Beat the egg well and whisk in the vinegar. Keep warm otherwise the coconut oil will solidify. Apply in the usual way and rinse off afterwards.
Olive Oil and Honey Conditioner for Dry Hair
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
Mix together and massage into the scalp. Leave for 30 minutes and treat as usual.
Where to Go Next?
Go Back to Natural Hair Care Tips
Go Back to Natural Body Care
Did you find this page helpful?
Sharing is a way of saying, “Thanks!”
Sign up for our Health and Beauty Newsletter (6 Issues a Year)